When Should I Redesign My Existing Website?
Website redesign is a great way to freshen up and start anew. But how do you know that it’s time for a website redesign? Recently, a senior executive of an IT services firm told me that his company lost a couple of contracts because of the poor brand impression projected by their website. Time for a website redesign? Undoubtedly! However, there may be other, not such dire circumstances that may also warrant a site overhaul. Here are the top ten signs that warrant a website redesign:
- A shift in business direction needs to be added to the website
- If you’ve recently rebranded your organization, it’s time to reflect that on your website to keep everything consistent
- Responsiveness – If your current website is not set up to be viewed and used on mobile devices, consider a website redesign
- Outdated technology – Technology is ever-changing that can make your website load faster, be more secure, add more rich features and make it more contextual
- Personalization – If your website is not set up to be personalized to your visitors, consider a redesign
- Outdated Design – The biggest giveaway of a redesign need is an outdated website that looks and functions old
- Lead Generation – If your website is not set up to function as a lead generation and marketing hub with gated content, strong calls to action, and integrations with a CRM or a marketing automation platform, you are missing out on the benefits of a modern website to create a revenue stream.